Saturday, May 22, 2004

Good moments in Church of Fools

I have been merrily going into the Church of Fools as the Minister for the last 12 days. The enthusiasm, desire to pray, and willingness to participate in services has been infectious and inspiring.

So far I have been happiest at the impromptu services of Night Prayer at the point when we recite the bit of Psalm 134 which goes "lift up your hands towards the sanctuary": I look down the aisle of the church and there will be about thirty avatars all waving their arms in the air in unison!

Reciting the Lord's Prayer together is always very moving too.

Dealing with those who want to troll and hack the site has been positively thought provoking as I have considered my choices on how to respond to the challenging behaviour of certain virtual visitors. I am still toying with the relative merits of

- smiting disruptive avatars fast, there's always others waiting to enter
- ignoring inappropriateness whilst being engaged by appropriate behaviour
- using all the non-violent communication skills I can think of

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is jo. i saw your posting on the message board and followed you over here. do you remember me?