Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Second Sunday of Lent, Post Communion (Children's Reboot)


-->
Dear God,
we love to run and walk,
to jump and dance.
Thank you for our bodies.
We love to feel happy
we love to feel loved.
Thank you for our feelings.
Amen.

The Gunning Fog readability index suggests 3.2 years of formal education is required to understand this prayer on a first reading, the Common Worship prayer requires 25.61 years.

Here's the information on how this prayer is a reboot.

The Second Sunday of Lent Collection of 5 prayers is here.

You can also look at the full Index of Prayers.
The project began Advent 2012, the first phase concludes in 2016.

If you want to use the prayers, an acknowledgement of myself as author and, if there's space, the link to my blog would be much appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're still here Jeremy. It's been a while since I've need one of your great reboot's and I've had a new computer and developed a dodgy memory so I had to ask Twitter to re-find you, but you're safely bookmarked for the future.

Going to use this one this week in the little Family Eucharist in my curacy parish (not sure I was even ordained last time I was here), but if you don't mind, I want to change the 6th line slightly... for the 'love to be loved' thing doesn't work following the previous line. I think I'm going down the line of 'want to be loved' if that's OK.

Still doesn't sit well with the rather tricky Gospel reading that isn't going to be easy with a bunch of infant age kids - but sometimes we just have to do our best.

Go well and God bless
R

Jem said...

Thanks so much R! I agree you have a point, it's a strange change from 'feel happy' to 'feel loved' ... it'd be interesting to hear if it made more sense when you read it.

I appreciate your feedback very much, I will think about changing the text to what you suggest.

Jeremy